Make Your Account
Signup for relevant jobs and profession advice from Uncubed, delivered straight to your inbox. It is possible to unsubscribe at any time.
Sr. Item, Regulatory & Business Counsel
LendUp, Oakland, CA (temporarily remote)
Our objective would be to offer a person with a way to better monetary wellness.
LendUp is really a technology that is financial based in Oakland centered on transforming the subprime credit and financing room. We’re a Y-Combinator alum w12 that is(YC supported by prominent investors such as for example Bing Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, and Kapor Capital. Our item will be found in 7 states and we’ve seen great press protection within the Wall Street Journal, Financial instances, CNN, NBC, TechCrunch, Venturebeat, Inc, Wired, Bloomberg, Fortune, and Dow Jones, and others.
Just just What we’re doing:
At LendUp our company is on an objective to produce you aren’t a path to higher health that is financial. Huge numbers of people don’t have admission to quality credit. Their choices are usually restricted and unfair, plus it’s very easy to be caught in a financial obligation period. This is the problem that is first attempt to re solve, by making use of our mixed expertise in computer pc pc software, information technology, credit, and training, to your provided passion for monetary health insurance and dignity.
Our core product, the LendUp Ladder, is an alternate to payday advances that transforms a trap into a way to borrow at reduced prices and build credit. And each we see our customers succeed day. We’re building additional financial loans that will assist us further speed up our objective of supplying anyone with a course https://speedyloan.net/payday-loans-mi to raised health that is financial.
The Sr. Product, Regulatory and Corporate Counsel is going to be accountable for doing work in close partnership with specific sections and get a get a get a cross practical groups to offer appropriate and guidance that is regulatory LendUp develops, implements and updates its services and products.
- Advise company lovers that are taking care of brand new and existing services and products from product development through launch, including compliance advising pertaining to such services and products
- Offer timely, succinct and business-focused legal counsel on federal and state customer banking and financing guidelines, including Regulation E, TILA and Regulation Z, MLA, ECOA, FCRA and UDAAP, and banking laws like BSA/AML, and information privacy and protection guidelines.
- Advise the LendUp item group on item advertising, ads and disclosures.
- Offer advice that is regulatory LendUp’s commercial and government relations counsel to help with negotiating commercial and bank agreements, and support legislative and policy issues.
- Offer regulatory advice and support to LendUp’s conformity group.
- Make use of banking institutions in developing cardholder agreements, disclosures as well as other product security
- Instruct and handle outside counsel, since necessary
- Manage LendUp’s state financing certification demands, including acquiring and keeping licenses
- Construction and draft loan agreements for LendUp products
- Handle litigation and work things, and any matter impacting an ongoing business, as required to offer the company
- A proven high-caliber, experienced, solution-oriented and proactive lawyer with expertise in the financing area
- Deep experience analyzing and advising on an array of dilemmas pertaining to the monetary services industry, with certain expertise on customer electronic banking, individuals in several re payments systems, including issuer processors and system supervisors, sub-prime and installment loans, like the laws and regulations, regulations pertaining to banks and state certified
- Deep knowledge of Regulation E, Regulation Z, BSA/AML, TILA, ECOA, FCRA, MLA and state laws and regulations associated with lending
- Power to balance working individually with little to no guidance and working closely and collaboratively within a tiny appropriate group
- Capacity to interface efficiently along with degrees of the corporation (professional management, HR, company divisions, etc. ) and also to gain the trust and self- self- confidence of other people
- A keen feeling of ownership, and very adaptable to a fast-changing environment
- A business that is solid with practical danger understanding
Education and Experience
- JD and 8+ years of expertise, including practicing in-house at a fast paced FinTech startup business ( or in a comparable environment) for at the very least 36 months, with significant give attention to customer financing
- Preferred candidate could have experience involved in the re payments room, directly with regulators representing certified businesses, and negotiating and drafting complex services contracts that are financial
- Successful solution oriented and creative problem solver
- Capability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, with effective quality of conflicting priorities
- Exemplary written and oral communication abilities and capacity to work in both groups and separately
- Admitted to your CA circumstances club or authorized counsel that is in-house hawaii Bar of Ca
- Love of life
LendUp has all the stuff you’d anticipate from a mission-driven business, like a competitive income; very early phase equity; 100% company paid medical, dental and eyesight insurance coverage; ample vacation/sick leave policy; 401(k).
But right right here’s that which we really like about LendUp lifetime:
- We’re devoted to a varied and inclusive culture that spurs innovation and produces a significant and impactful work place
- Certainly one of our values is “different backgrounds, same objective. ” We’re passionate about diverse applicants while having channels that are slack to anything from mu
LendUp can be A equal opportunity boss
We stretch equal job opportunities to qualified candidates and employees on the same foundation irrespective of a person’s age, battle, color, intercourse, faith, nationwide beginning, impairment, sexual orientation, sex identification or phrase, maternity status, marital status, military or veteran status, hereditary disposition, or just about any other explanation protected for legal reasons.